2022: A Year of Community Involvement
2022 was a busy (and fun!) time for us at Blue Grass Federal. From giving away scholarships to local students to hosting our Christmas Open House, we’re recapping some of our favorite memories from the last 12 months. Here's what we were up to:
January - June
- The Festival on Fifth Summer Concert Series, which ran every Friday from May through August, offered live music, food trucks and good company. We were proud to be the Stage Sponsor of these summer events.
- We were the Breakfast Sponsor at the Elizabeth’s Village Golf Tournament! Elizabeth’s Village is a nonprofit that serves the needs of women and children in the community. This tournament was hosted to benefit the first Scott County Domestic Violence Shelter, organized by Mara Maybry, AVP, commercial lender. We were so excited to surpass our goal of raising $10,000!
- Supporting our local students means the world to us. That’s why we gave away $500 scholarships to Payton M. from Nicholas County High School, Aiden from Paris High School, and Mckenzie from Bourbon County High School!
- Shanda Smith, our president and CEO, graduated from the 2022 Leadership Central Kentucky! Leadership Central Kentucky is dedicated to educating and informing individuals on issues and opportunities regarding the region's communities.
July - December
- Who doesn’t love dressing to the nines? Our team put on their best gala gear and had a blast at the Paris Bourbon County Chamber of Commerce awards dinner and gala. This event highlighted the “Best of Bourbon County” and was a night to remember.
- We supported the Bourbon County 4-H/FFA Youth Livestock Show & Sale and gave away a prize to the reserve champion! This annual event gives young people the opportunity to showcase their livestock while learning responsibility, teamwork, communication skills and leadership skills.
- The Secretariat Park project was announced in September, with plans to have it finished in November 2023. The park will be located on Main Street in Paris, complete with a life-size sculpture of Secretariat. We were thrilled to hear the news! We issued a community challenge grant, where we pledged to donate $25,000 to the project and match other donors, dollar for dollar, up to an additional $25,000. We even gave away a Secretariat-themed prize pack in December!
- Our Christmas Open House in December was a success! From witnessing all the laughter and smiles come out of Santa's visit to spending time with our amazing community, we had so much fun. Plus, one lucky winner took home a Yeti cooler and other winners took home gift cards to local businesses.
We are so thankful for our customers, partners, and employees for another great year. We can’t wait to see what 2023 will bring!
Don’t forget to also follow us on Facebook
to see what we’re up to in the bank and in our communities in 2023 and beyond!